UPSC: Less about the exam, more about myths ...

   

The reason for choosing this exam and this profession of administration may be varying but the myths and the fear one encounters is almost the same for all the aspirants!

For instance, when my father told one of his relatives (if he was related to me he won't have had such presumptions in the first place ;) )  his response was like ..." Only students with super-duper marks and intellect pass this prestigious exam, I think your child will just ruin money !!! "

 See one more case, recently when I talked to a young girl, who just passed her 10th class and aspired to become a civil servant was told by one of her LAWYER brother that UPSC is all about maths!!! I mean what!  Thank god she contacted someone related to the field otherwise she would have cracked JEE :)

      There is numerous more example to cite how people just based on their preceptions make a hell out of the sanity one innocent child has.

  Then come those who know, all intellect, smart, illuminated souls...-' The Coaching Institutes '

they have a business, in this business, they have only one motto "DARAO our KAMAO" (scare them and earn)

 Like, recently, I got a call from a renowned institute and that madam asked me how many attempts and then, on she went, "Oh my God, you know I think you should do something now otherwise you will fail again, just focus on pre ....and 5 minutes just the same marketing ." I just told her right now not interested to buy your online plan and....;) off goes the call.

  There are thousands of them. I mean it is ok to do business and get paid for your hard work but playing to that level that you just make the other person as miserable as this, is not done. 

Poor aspirants who just dream of serving the country, fall into their clutches and not only do they lose money but also more valuable asset their TIME...


Yes, I too was the victim of this marketing... buy this, buy that, guaranteed prelims, assured mains and what not.

There was just darkness, and I was lost in working as hard as I can and that in the wrong direction, as if you are being told just push this wall, make it fall and you will be successful ...

 CRAM, sit for 15 hours studying etc. are some of the things I did...

 Then one fine day, one teacher as if from god's place came and everything changed.

Her first words were, "I am sorry beta, but you guys are far back from those sitting in Delhi and working not only hard but also SMART. 

She gave us only 2 tips and that made a difference ... 

1. Jab koi baat bigad Jae, jab Kuch samjh na aaye (whenever something went wrong, whenever you don't understand), tum Lena Saath Mera (you take my assistance ) ...i.e, 

                                             https://www.upsc.gov.in/


UPSC Site




 UPSC has made it clear what they want in prelims, mains, interview. They have provided each and everything (except the infinite syllabus ) very clearly of what kind of personality they want...

So, if you are one of the fortunate ones who see this blog and are new to this journey please take a day or two to read this site from header to footer!


2. The major source of earning and the major source of scaring aspirants-CURRENT AFFAIRS 


    

Rstv Bulletin and Debates


or
DD News




These channel as they call, " ONLY NEWS, COMPLETE NEWS!"  
makes you aware not a contestant of KBC, makes you knowledgable and not a scholar, makes you a person of wisdom and not a parrot who has crammed everything. 



 I changed for a good filtered those unnecessary things from my preparation and these two sources turned out to be my saviours.
Hope this one will help you even in the slightest way and for any other thing please leave your comment I promise you HONESTY if not the best guidance or help!